Strawberry Strawberry Cake
Strawberries... Can't get enough? Try this delightfully fresh strawberry cake.
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 (3 oz.) pkg. strawberry gelatin powder
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 4 eggs (room temperature)
- 2-3/4 cups sifted cake flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup buttermilk, room temperature
- 1 Tbsp. Pure Madagascar Vanilla
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries (thawed and pureed)
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, sugar and powdered strawberry gelatin until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time, mixing well after each. Combine the flour and baking powder; stir into the batter alternately with the milk. Blend in vanilla and strawberry puree. Divide the batter evenly between the prepared pans.
3. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, using a cake tester inserted into the center of the cake until the tester comes out clean. Allow cakes to cool in their pans on a wire rack for 15 minutes, run a butter knife or spatula carefully to separate cake from pan, invert pan and remove cake from pan. Remove parchment. Allow to fully cool before frosting.
4. Decorate with your favorite frosting. In the photo, we made a 4 layer cake, filled with raspberry pastry filling, topped with vanilla frosting and coconut.