These are sure to be a home run at any party, making serving hotdogs simple, fun and delicious.
- 8 hot dogs
- Pretzel Dough (1/2 batch Kitchen Kraft Pretzel Dough recipe) or a can of breadstick or pizza dough can be used
Preheat oven to 400°F/204°C . Line a cookie Sheet with foil, spray with non-stick spray.
- Using a sharp knife, score the hotdogs on all sides. Cut just enough to cut the skin you do not want to make deep cuts. Scoring lightly will allow the hotdogs to expand without exploding.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to approximately 12" long, 1/8" thick.
- Using a ruler, make cut marks that are 3/4" wide.
- Using a pizza cutter, cut the dough into strips as pictured above.
Squirt a ribbon of mustard down the hotdog. ( if you don't like mustard, you can skip the mustard altogether)
- Beginning at the end of the hotdog, wrap the dough around the hotdog once, then wind down the hotdog until covered. The mustard can creep out of the seams, and that's okay. It will brown and enhance the flavor..
- Complete with all the remaining hotdogs.
- If you really want to knock them out of the park, you can sprinkle the tops with Poppy, Chia or Sesame seeds or a little Coarse Sea Salt or even cracked pepper.