Cherry Tartlets for Individual Desserts
Enjoy luscious individual tarts - makes a great dessert after a special meal.
Makes 6 tart crusts
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder (Aluminum free)
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt (fine)
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup butter, cut into small pieces
- 3 tsp. cold water
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a medium to large size bowl. Add cold butter pieces, using a fork or a pastry cutter, cut the butter into the dry ingredients until the mixture forms coarse crumbs with pea size pieces of butter.
3. Add the egg and water and stir until sticky.
4. Using your hands, form the dough into a ball.
5. For each 4" Round Tartlet Pans you will need approximately 1/8 of a cup of dough which, if you like to weigh dough, will equal approximately 1.5 oz. Take the 1/8 cup of dough and using your thumbs, press the dough into the pan in an even fashion. Working your thumbs around the corners and up the sides, while flattening out the bottom crust, you should have an even crust with sides and bottom made as smooth as possible. Use a fork to poke several holes in the bottom of the crust.
6. Repeat with all tartlet pans.
7. Once all your crusts are ready, you can fill the crust with your favorite pastry filling. I chose the luscious cherry pastry filling from Kitchen Krafts. Snip the tip of the easy to use pouch, then pipe the cherry pastry filling into the crust until full but not heaping.
8. Bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes.