Homemade Blueberry Pie
Can't wait to enjoy this blueberry pie - made with tapioca and a dash of cinnamon. Delicious!
- 4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup MINUTE crushed Tapioca
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 recipe for 2 pie crust (top and bottom)
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- Sanding Sugar
1. PREHEAT oven to 400°F. Toss blueberries with sugar, tapioca, lemon juice and cinnamon until evenly coated. Let stand 15 minutes.
2. PREPARE crust by rolling out the bottom layer. Lay out in 9-inch pie plate and crimp (pinch) the edge of the crust. Fill with fruit mixture. Dot with butter over blueberry mixture. Roll out 2nd crust and using pie top cutters, cut out and randomly arrange on top of pie. Cover the entire pie, leaving little spaces here and there for steam to escape. Sprinkle with sanding sugar.
3. BAKE 45 to 50 minutes or until juices form bubbles that burst slowly. Cool.