Greek Cucumber Dip (Tzatziki Sauce)
Use to make healthy dip recipes
- 1 (16 oz.) container non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded, and chopped or grated
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley (or fresh dill can work too)
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh mint
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste (Cayenne pepper can be added sparingly for some heat)
1. Pour yogurt into your Greek Yogurt Strainer, cover and Allow yogurt to drain for several hours or even overnight.
2. Lay grated cucumber on a plate lined with paper towel; allow to drain 1 to 2 hours.
3. Combine the drained yogurt, cucumber, garlic, parsley, mint, lemon juice, salt, and pepper(s) in a bowl. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving to allow the for the flavors to marry.
Serve with veggies, crackers or rye-bread pieces.