Elegantly Embossed Easter CookiesSimple oval cookies can turn into elegantly embossed Easter egg cookies with little effort. Here's how…
- Mix up a batch of your favorite sugar cookie recipe or use Sugar Cookie Mix.
- Roll out cookie dough on flat surface and use oval cookie cutters to cut out Easter egg shaped cookies.
- Bake and cool according to recipe directions.
- Roll out fondant and use cookie cutter to cut fondant the same size as cookie. Use white fondant and mix in your choice of paste color. You may also want to add flavoring to the fondant to enhance taste.
You have a choice of methods on how to decorate fondant and apply to cookies…
- Method 1 - Use pastry cutter or ribbon cutter and embosser set to make various designs on fondant. You can also use the decorative punch set to make designs in fondant; just don't punch out the design. Lightly coat cookie with white icing to adhere the fondant to the cookie. Place cut-out decorated fondant on cookie. (Using this method means that the designs can become distorted when picking up the fondant and placing on cookie. You may wish to use a large flexible spatula to slip beneath the cut-out and decorated fondant to lift onto the cookie.)
- Method 2 Lightly coat cookie with white icing to adhere the fondant to the cookie. Place cut-out fondant on cookie. Use pastry cutter or ribbon cutter and embosser set to make various designs on fondant. You can also use the decorative punch set, to make designs in fondant – don't punch out the design. (If you use this method – be careful not to apply too much pressure which may break the cookie.)
If you wish to display your creation - place in decorative Easter basket on bed of green-tinted coconut!